On-demand beauty services aren't uncommon in this industry--freelance makeup artists, massage therapists, estheticians and more can have all their available tools and tables and lighting on-the-go. And while hairdressers and barbers have mobile options (shears and styling tools are very mobile), a portable salon chair and station just aren't readily available.... until now. (Any bridal stylist will share the frustrations of hotel bathroom styling, for example. Getting the right height, no swivel, all frustrating.)
On a Kickstarter that's gaining attention via social media, Nohmad is looking to mobilize the business of barbering and beauty with the Rohver and the Nohmad app. "The industry’s first-ever tools + tech specifically designed for on-demand barber and beauty services."
In this video showcasing the Rohver prototype, founder and designer Shawn Rhoder unveils the ease of use:
Rohver: The mobile equivalent of the shop or salon.
Nohmad app: A platform that enables clients to connect, select and request a barber or beauty service from a dedicated on-demand professional in their immediate locale.
- Compact, lightweight mobile chair and foldable case
- LED lighting mirror display
- 360-degree spinning chair
- Foam cut-outs for tool storage and protection
- Trans-mobility functionality: push it by hand, pull it by cycle or board it on pubic trans
- Thermal styling tools and blow dryer are powered via the rohver™ case
- Rohver case plugs into the wall via 16ft flat cord
For more, visit @nohmadinc on Instagram.