HOW TO: Paul Hanlon for Prabal Gurung S/S 2014
One of MODERN's favorite looks from the most recent New York Fashion Week (forecasting the spring/summer 2014 trends) took place at the Prabal Gurung show. The look was strong and dramatic while not taking away from the fashion. According to lead designer, Paul Hanlon (for Schwarzkopf), the look was to be glamorous, but not overly feminine or too commercial. Prabal wanted something less soft and more ridged and controlled. Hanlon decided to go modern, flat, sleek and slightly artificial. "It's like the women have been preserved in time....almost plastic like," says Hanlon. Here he offers the HOW TO.
1. Comb through the hair to remove any knots or tangles.
2. Prep the hair with OSIS Softn' Straight, straightening emulsion. Blow dry.
3. Apply OSIS Elastic Flexible Hold hairspray at the roots while combing the hair straight down.
4. Create a clean, low part on the right side and tuck the hair behind the right ear. The left side should be complete flat to the face.
5. To form a hat-like dent at the nape, cover the top of the head with a nair net.
6. Spray with OSIS Freeze Strong Hold hairspray to lock the look. Blow dry over the net.
7. Coat the hair with OSIS Flatliner heat protectant and apply OSIS Magi to add weightless hold and separation.
8. Take the ends and create an S wave in your hand and press with a one inch syling wand (Hanlong uses the Schwarzkopf Professional 1-inch Black Diamond Digital Hand Touch Ceramic Styling Iron).
9. Finish the look with OSIS Sparkler to create a high gloss, plastic-like shine.