Youth-Renew Caviar Hand Treatment
Make-up: Mercedes SchattelPhoto By Photography: Akin Girav Photo 2 of 14
1. Prepare Filmo-Tech: Open one pouch and remove strip. Peel off only 1 piece (per treatment) of Filmo-Tech and place in a cup with 1 teaspoon of lukewarm water, mix well. Set aside. (Place remaining Filmo-Tech inside the pouch for preservation.Photo 4 of 14
2. Apply the Exfo-Zym Caviar Hand & Foot Peel all over the hands and/or feet. Spread on the entire skin surface. Wet fingers with warm water and gently work the peel on both hands and/or feet.Photo 5 of 14
3. Maintain the Exfo-Zym on the skin for a minimum of 2 minutes. Remove peel thoroughly with a warm towel or pads moistened with warm water.Photo 6 of 14
4. Foam a small quantity of Phyto-Gel Cleanser between wet palms. Apply on hands and/or feet. Work it gently.Photo 7 of 14
5. Remove with a warm towel or pads moistened with warm water to remove all peeling residue. Proceed with treatment.Photo 8 of 14
6. Apply the prepared Filmo-Tech solution on both hands and/or feet. Massage until it is absorbed.Photo 9 of 14
7. Apply a thin, even layer of Youth-Renew Caviar Hand & Foot Mask on both hands and/or feet; leave on for 10 minutes.Photo 10 of 14
8. Wrap the client’s hands and/or feet with plastic wrap, then place inside mitts or booties.Photo 11 of 14
9. Maintain on skin for 10 minutes. Remove mitts and/or booties and then the plastic wrap. Proceed with massage. The remaining mask will be completely absorbed by the skin. Wipe any over-excess with a moist pad.Photo 12 of 14
10. As a final step, apply a small quantity of Youth Renew Caviar Hand & Foot Cream. Massage gently until absorbed.Photo 13 of 14
11. Treated skin will appear visibly lighter, brighter and greatly rejuvenated.Photo 14 of 14
A luxury treatment or add-on that rejuvenates stressed, aging or overlooked hands.
Even in small-town Fayetteville, North Carolina, savvy clients want sophisticated spa treatments. Fortunately, the Renaissance European Day Spa has added another upscale location to satisfy demand. The first space, inside The Spa Fitness Center on Elm Street, had become so popular in the past eight years that owner Robert McPheters knew they needed to expand. While he considered Raleigh or Wilmington, the business was big enough in Fayetteville to support a second location. Some of their favorite clients? The soldiers from nearby Fort Bragg, who rely on Renaissance gift certificates as special treats for their wives. A major part of spa revenues, many soldiers are also giving their wives days at the spa to soothe the stress of long deployments overseas. Some even purchase a full year of services! Needless to say, the newest Renaissance location on Purdue Drive has been winning over its share of clientele since its grand opening celebration this past August.
“We’d have good business anywhere, though, because of our philosophy of good customer service,” says Spa Director Anita Weddington. “We never rush our customers and we care for them so well.”
The spa’s mission statement sums up its purpose succinctly:
“In your life, there will be places you will visit and never forget. Our spa is one of those places. We are a rare combination of necessity and luxury, a place where you are treated like royalty. Where every one of your face, body, hair and spa care needs are met with precision and expertise.”
To accomplish their mission, the spa employs “spa tenders” who wait on each client between services—bringing them hors d’oeuvres, guiding them to their next service, handing them robes, setting up a lunch for them. Though treatments, which use only Pevonia face and body care products, are heavenly, the attentive technicians complete the experience. “Our support staff really sets us apart,” adds Weddington.
Besides the pampering, the skin care is effective. “We’re big into treatment-oriented services,” Weddington explains. “We carry the Pevonia line, and we educate clients on which services are best for their needs.” Clients love that Pevonia has a wide range of products and that they keep up with the newest cutting-edge ingredients, like caviar. In fact, the spa introduced the Youth-Renew Caviar Hand and Foot Treatment after the success of their caviar facial treatment. According to Weddington, the spa is selling the hand and foot treatment as a facial add-on and creating deluxe manicures and pedicures with it. Now, the whole body can get the same advanced effects of this pure, repairing and anti-aging ingredient.
The spa benefits, too. “Clients are reading about these ingredients, and then can actually get them at our spa through Pevonia products,” Weddington says. At this rate, the spa might not be a small-town secret much longer.
Therapist: Jennifer Ryan
Spa: Renaissance European Day Spa in Fayetteville, North Carolina
Snapshot: Defense against aging for hands or feet. Ingredients include caviar, retinol and marine collagen. Excellent for dry cuticles and includes UV protection.
Duration: 30 minutes
Price: $35 add-on to facial; $40 for manicure; $60 for pedicure
Recommended Home Care: Youth-Renew Caviar Hand & Foot Cream
New Product Alert
The second step of this treatment uses Exfo-Zym Caviar Hand & Foot Peel, a new Pevonia product. It’s an important step is preparing hands or feet before the application of the Filmo-Tech solution. Explains Pevonia Regional Director Dawn McLellan, “Exfo-Zym Caviar Hand and Foot Peel is a dual-action exfoliator with papaya and pineapple enzymes. Jojoba granules work together with the enzymes to produce the ultimate exfoliation.”