Aroma Transformation Facial
Make-up by Kimberley ScottPhoto By Photography by Akin Girav Photo 1 of 15
1. Perform “Warm Welcome.” Start by removing two warm, dry towel rolls and place one under the neck at natural curve of spine. Unroll second towel and wrap around shoulders and over décolleté. Cover eyes and bridge of nose with relaxing eye mask. All towels scented with True Aroma Compress Solution.Photo 4 of 15
2. Using 11/2 tsp of Radiance Skin Polish, exfoliate each hand and wrist. Remove with warm Aroma Compress and blot hands dry.Photo 5 of 15
3. Apply warmed Renewal Hand Treatment Mask to back of hands from wrist to cuticle, and then wrap in plastic mitts and cover with warm mitts.Photo 6 of 15
4. Saturate cotton pads with Essential Gentle Eye Make-up Remover and gently cleanse eye contour. Cleanse face neck and décolleté with Restoring Oil Cleanser.Photo 7 of 15
5.Perform color matching on freshly cleansed skin to determine which shade of protective mineral foundation to use after the treatment. Follow with a second cleanse, using Balancing Cleansing Emulsion. Apply Soothing Tonic.Photo 8 of 15
6. Cover eye area with protective eye pads and analyze skin under magnifying lamp. Begin exfoliation with 1/2 tsp of Essential Radiance Skin Polish. Emulsify with warm water and remove with warm compress.Photo 9 of 15
7. Mix Multi Effect Enzyme Treatment Packet with 1 tsp Enzyme Activator. Using treatment brush, apply Enzyme Treatment to face and neck. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes. During steaming, remove Renewal Hand Treatment Mask with warm compress. Massage one hand and forearm, then the other, using warmed Relaxing Treatment Massage oil.Photo 10 of 15
8. Remove Enzyme Treatment with warm aroma compress. Gently extract blackheads, then apply Soothing Tonic. Put five drops of Aroma Transformer (appropriate to skin type) in the palm of your hand and apply evenly to face and neck. Hold palms four to eight inches in front of client’s nose and ask her to take three deep relaxing breaths.Photo 11 of 15
9. Perform Being TRUE 12 Acu Point Massage two to three times. Use 1 to 2 tsp Treatment Massage Cream to massage face and neck (omit step with problematic/acne-prone skin). Remove massage cream with Essential Tonic.Photo 12 of 15
10. Gently apply 1/4 tsp of R&R Refresh & Repair Eye Contour Mask to eye contour of both eyes. Apply treatment eye pads over the eyes to cover mask.Photo 13 of 15
11. Apply 1/2 tsp of Treatment Mask (according to skin type) to face and neck. Leave mask on for 10 minutes. During mask, massage décolleté and shoulders with warmed Relaxing Treatment Massage Oil, diluted in preferred massage oil or cream.Photo 14 of 15
12. Remove face mask with cool compress and follow with Soothing Tonic. Massage eye contour with Anti-Fatigue Eye Contour Gel. Apply Restoring Rich Cream to face, followed with Essential Firming Tech Cream to neck and décolleté. Follow with protective finish using mineral foundation color selected earlier and apply with dual-brushes.Photo 15 of 15
Truly customized skin care for a diverse group of happy clients.
Six months ago, when spa director Michelle Ufer-Herold brought the Being TRUE line to Chateau Elan Spa at the Chateau Elan Resort, located an hour outside Atlanta, she knew it would have to be a multi-tasker. The spa has a reputation in the area as one of the most experienced in skin care, with some of the most knowledgeable therapists when it comes to products. Plus, the spa hosts a very diverse clientele. “We have to be on our game to please everyone,” she says. “Everyone” ranges from locals looking for a skin care touch-up to corporate event attendees staying at the resort property to savvy spa travelers looking for the latest in pampering. And the new Being TRUE line has something to offer every client. “It’s cutting-edge technology for advanced luxury treatments,” says Ufer-Herold. “The smell is fresh and the results are universal.”
One of the Being TRUE treatments, the Radiance Peel, has especially made a splash. “Everyone on the staff can tell who has had the treatment done when she walks out,” says Ufer-Herold. “It has been a good fit for us.” The make-up portion of the line has also done well at the spa, with high marks for its versatility and current colors. It allows employees to create a range of looks to take clients from meetings to evening events.
The spa decor also accommodates just about everything a client could want. Located next to a small pond in a wooded area, away from the 300 rooms the resort offers in its hotel, cottages and villas, the cozy spa boasts 14 overnight suites of its own. It’s a unique arrangement that allows clients to go from their guestrooms to their treatment rooms without ever leaving the spa building. The spa, which more closely resembles a boutique hotel, also features a sitting area with fireplace, eating area, exercise facility, indoor swimming, Jacuzzi, locker rooms, tea bar, 16 massage rooms, eight esthetic rooms, two Vichy shower rooms and five manicure and pedicure stations. For the pampered spa traveler, it’s a little slice of spa heaven.
Therapist: Debbie Nebel
Spa: Chateau Elan Spa, Braselton, GA
Products: Being TRUE
Snapshot: Natural aromatherapy facial for relaxation and personalized results.
Contraindications: Any known allergies; the facial is customizable to treat any skin conditions.
Duration: 80 minutes
Recommended Home Care:
morning: Restoring Deep Cleanser, Soothing Tonic, Aromatic Treatment Oil, Restoring Rich Cream, Anti-Fatigue Contouring Eye Gel, SPF 30 Gel, Firming Tech Cream for décolleté and neck, SPF 17 Mineral Foundation.
evening: Gentle Eye Make-up Remover, Night Light Trio, which includes Advanced Treatment Cleanser, Soothing Tonic and Radiance Revealing Complex, I-Lift Eye Contour Concentrate and Essential Moisture Enhancer.
once a week: Exfoliate with Essential Skin Radiance Polish and follow with Comforting Care Mask.
One aspect of the Being TRUE line that is most notable is the use of the ingredient, Idebenone. A powerful antioxidant, it scores a 95 out of 100 in efficacy on the Environmental Protection Factor, which measures antioxidant performance and free radical protection. Idebenone ranks the highest in antioxidant power on the scale; the next highest performer is vitamin E, with an EPF of 80. Its use in Being TRUE products, like Youth Revealing Complex and Radiance Revealing Complex, results in combined skin protection and anti-aging benefits and is gentle enough for almost all skin types.