Dermaplus Skin + Body Signature Facial
1. Begin by placing a warm towel on client’s face. Cleanse with Combo Cleanser, here scented with Orange Essential Oil and a touch of Soothe Botanical Blend.Photo 4 of 14
2. Add a tiny amount of Micro Exfoliating Beads to cleanser and gently scrub skin for 30 seconds (if skin is sensitive, skip this step).Photo 5 of 14
3. Remove Micro Beads with warm towel; apply warm enzyme (Combined Enzyme Powder activated with Enzyme Activator) on skin for 10 minutes and steam.Photo 6 of 14
4. Perform hand and arm massage and apply warm hand mitts.Photo 7 of 14
5. Remove warm enzyme with warm towel. Wipe skin with Purifying Toner to cleanse.Photo 8 of 14
6. Apply Xtract Botanical Blend to skin and let sit for one minute. Then, perform extractions.Photo 9 of 14
7. Perform high frequency.Photo 10 of 14
8. Depending on skin type, use Soothe Botanical Blend, Heal Botanical Blend and Jojoba Oil scented with a touch of Lavender Essential Oil and begin facial massage, pressure points.Photo 11 of 14
9. Apply a combination of Cooling Menthol Mask and Clay Mineral Mask mixed together with a touch of Geranium Essential Oil. Massage neck and shoulders; then remove hand mitts.Photo 12 of 14
10. After the masque has dried, remove masque with a very cool towel. Apply a custom blended Hydrator/Moisturizer.Photo 13 of 14
11. To finish, apply SPF 30, either Cream, Lotion or Gel.Photo 14 of 14
Customize your treatment with targeted products, soothing oils and a pampering touch.
Julie Crispo is aware that skin is the body’s largest organ; therefore, her skin care clinic isn’t limited to luxurious facials or general skin care treatments. She focuses on the health and well-being of the whole person, and that has become Dermaplus Skin + Body’s mission.
Crispo first became interested in skin care after suffering from severe acne as a teen and young adult. Describing her quest for healthy skin as “relentless,” Crispo explored every avenue, including dermatologist visits and testing various product lines. After seeing no long-lasting results, she finally enrolled in the clinical esthetician program at Skyline College in San Bruno, California. She went on to receive her state license in 1999, and opened Dermaplus Skin + Body near San Francisco’s Union Square in early 2001.
Not surprisingly, her most satisfying professional experience has been educating and treating patients with acne. That goes beyond salicylic acid: Crispo has had great success with custom-blended skin treatments and home care products that feature vitamins, minerals, botanicals and antioxidants. She tailors treatments to each client, and incorporates the latest technologies to enhance results, without detrimental side effects. Great skin is possible while maintaining a healthy approach, she believes. Harsh products or irritating ingredients are just not part of the menu.
What is on the menu: Personalized spray tans (to keep clients out of the sun), botanical-based waxing and laser hair removal, performed by a registered nurse under
The results? Clients who don’t just have glowing skin, but are whole-body beautiful!
Therapist: Julie Crispo
Spa: Dermaplus Skin + Body, San Francisco, California
Products: Skin Blends
Snapshot: Clear up congested skin, even out skin tone
Contraindications: Rosacea, acne; can be customized to treat specific conditions
Duration: 60-70 minutes
Recommended Home Care:
Morning: Custom blended combo cleanser mixed with a dab of Soothe botanical oil and a few drops of Refreshing citrus essential oil; salicylic toner to revitalize skin; custom-blended moisturizer with added botanicals; sunblock gel with 30 SPF.
Evening: Add microscrub to cleanser for extra exfoliation; use Beta X for ultimate exfoliation; custom blended moisturizer with a touch of Rich Cream for extra moisture.
Dermaplus Skin + Body’s mission is holistic treatments without harmful side effects. Here’s the scoop on some of the ingredients they use to renew, refresh and heal.
Combined Enzyme Powder—contains papain, bromelain, pumpkin, Vitamin C and cranberry
Enzyme Activator—willow bark extract, live yeast cell extra, aloe vera, bromelain
Heal Botanical Blend—Roman chamomile, lavender, St. John’s wort, angelica, lily, milk vetch, Chinese red root
Soothe Botanical Blend—contains calendula, comfrey, ginseng, Japanese green tea, linden and Roman chamomile
Xtract Botanical Blend—sunflower, bee pollen, lemongrass, witch hazel, benzoin, ginseng, horsetail