Salon Hot Spots
Traveling to America’s Beauty Show in Chicago this month? Make the most of your time in the Windy City and visit some of its amazing salons! Better yet, call ahead for an appointment and get pampered. Take notes on your experience as a customer.
- Mario Tricoci: With a prominent downtown location and 17 other locations in the suburbs, this local chain has become a Chicago institution. The downtown location on Michigan Avenue offers a full-service menu. www.tricoci.com
- Salon Buzz: Chicagoans are buzzing about this business that has locations in the high-end Gold Coast and River North neighborhoods. The salon has been a recipient of the prestigious Global Salon Business Award and continues to improve on all aspects of the business as it celebrates its 10th anniversary. www.salonbuzz.com
- Dennis Bartolomei: This charming boutique salon was a second runner-up in SALON TODAY’s annual Salons of the Year decor competition in 2008. Get inspired by the quiet, chic ambiance. 312-787-7778
- Sine Qua: Non If you’re looking to experience a little more local flavor, try visiting one of the Sine Qua Non locations in three different neighborhoods: Lincoln Park, Lakeview and Andersonville. The newly remodeled Lakeview location was also a winner in SALON TODAY’s Salons of the Year last year. www.sinequanonsalon.com
- Silken Tent: Set some time aside to journey outside of the city to the Chicago suburb of Glenview, home to Silken Tent. This spa provides the ultimate pampering and wellness experience. With everything from a water ritual area to a luxurious couples’ massage room, this is a relaxation spot you’ll never want to leave. www.thesilkentent.com