One Tip, One Child Campaign
On September 13th, 2008, Eufora will be coordinating a national campaign to encourage all Eufora stylists in all Eufora salons to donate their biggest tip of the day to the non-profit organization Childhelpâ¢. Eufora would also like to invite all stylists across North America to participate in helping raise awareness and contributing to the victims of one of our societyâs greatest tragedies, child abuse. If we all join together on this one day with just one tip, we can make a huge impact on this most serious problem.
- 1,500 children die every year from child abuse and neglect. That is just over 4 fatalities every day.
- 79% of the children killed are younger than 4.
- A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.
- Children who experience child abuse & neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult, and 30% more likely to commit violent crimes.
- Nearly 2/3 of people in treatment for drug abuse report having been abused as children.
The Eufora network of salons is strong throughout North America and is dedicated to making a positive impact in our communities. Eufora salons have been working to raise awareness throughout the year for Childhelpâ¢ through numerous fundraisers. The One Tip One Child campaign will add to the total amount to be presented to Childhelpâ¢ during Euforaâs Global Connection event on November 2 & 3rd, 2008. Eufora has provided a self addressed, stamped envelope to Eufora salon to send in donations from the day. For more information on how to participate contact 800.6EUFORA.
Itâs really this simple. One tip on one day to save a child.