Simple Holiday Hair
Take the guesswork out of holiday hair this season. Celebrity stylist
Allison Woodruff, a stylist at Sally Hershberger Downtown Salon in New
York City, created three universally flattering styles that are easy
for you to modify for your clients coming in for a great 'do. Or, help
clients create their own styles by passing along the tips and ideas-complete with product recommendations, of course!
For a glamorous look that is easy to pull off in the salon or at home, Woodruff recommends creating big waves. This style works best on medium-long lengths but can also be achieved on shorter bobs.
1. Prep wet hair with volumizing styling foam and blow dry hair smooth.
2. Using a double barrel curling iron, curl the entire head.
3. Break up the curls using fingers and finish with a shine spray for frizz control and shine.
Help clients get from office to party in no time with a simple, classic updo-with a modern, undone twist.
1. Blow hair out smooth, creating a center part.
2. Taking the lengths of the hair, create a ponytail around a donut-shaped rat (to create structure) and wrap the hair around.
3. Secure the style with bobby pins and a firm hairspray. Woodruff, who loves eco-friendly brand Eufora, recommends their Elevate Finishing Spray. To smooth fly-aways on the top of the head, apply a light application of shine drops.
Even if you're not headed to a warm, tropical locale, you can still rock the look of a carefee beachgoer.
1. Scrunch a pliable paste, like Eufora's Pieceworks, into damp hair and diffuse dry.
2. Then, take a small barrel curling iron and curl random sections of hair throughout the entire head.
3. To create a look that is perfectly unkempt, run a dime-size of paste into fingertips and then throughout the curls and waves. If needed, apply a light coating of finishing spray for hold and control.