NAHA winner Faatemah Ampey uses pre-made pieces and accessories to make this updo extra special. Try it on clients for an extraordinary new year’s eve style! See Faatemah in this season’s Shear Genius starting February 8 on Bravo!
Hair: Faatemah Ampey
Make-up: David Maderich for mistermakeup.com
Photography: Roberto Ligestri
Photo 1 of 9
Before: Long hair makes for a great updo.
Photo 2 of 9
1. Prepare the hair by setting in jumbo horizontal sections using a curling iron. Begin at the nape.
Photo 3 of 9
2. Then lift up the entire section from above the rounds of the head. Spray along the root area for lift.
Photo 4 of 9
3. Blow dry to direct the hair up.
Photo 5 of 9
4. Place a rat or cushion along the base.
Photo 6 of 9
5. Drop out a section below and brush up and over the cushion. Secure at the top with bobby pins.
Photo 7 of 9
6. Take the length of the top section, direct to the crown and back comb.
Photo 8 of 9
7. Attach a pre-made piece along the rounds of the head. Secure with bobby pins.
Every woman desires to look and feel beautiful, no matter the occasion. From the red carpet to any special occasion, Ivan Roderiguez showcases women around the world who embrace their cultures, hair textures and their own femininity.
As the exclusive hair sponsor for Nolcha shows during NYFW Fall/Winter 2018, prestige hair and beauty brand, ECRU New York created a modern rope twist hairstyle to complement Virtuvius’s Fall/Winter 2018 Runway Collection at the iconic Mercedes-Benz Manhattan showroom on February 11, 2018.
Celebrity stylist Laini Reeves created Emily Blunt's elegant, soft look for the 2018 Academy Awards with styling essentials from KMS and VARIS. The inspiration behind the look was her Schiaparelli Couture dress.