NAHA winner Faatemah Ampey uses pre-made pieces and accessories to make this updo extra special. Try it on clients for an extraordinary new year’s eve style! See Faatemah in this season’s Shear Genius starting February 8 on Bravo!
Hair: Faatemah Ampey
Make-up: David Maderich for mistermakeup.com
Photography: Roberto Ligestri
Photo 1 of 9
Before: Long hair makes for a great updo.
Photo 2 of 9
1. Prepare the hair by setting in jumbo horizontal sections using a curling iron. Begin at the nape.
Photo 3 of 9
2. Then lift up the entire section from above the rounds of the head. Spray along the root area for lift.
Photo 4 of 9
3. Blow dry to direct the hair up.
Photo 5 of 9
4. Place a rat or cushion along the base.
Photo 6 of 9
5. Drop out a section below and brush up and over the cushion. Secure at the top with bobby pins.
Photo 7 of 9
6. Take the length of the top section, direct to the crown and back comb.
Photo 8 of 9
7. Attach a pre-made piece along the rounds of the head. Secure with bobby pins.
Sebastian’s collaboration with Holliday marks the launch of the brand’s newest campaign #ShapeYourWorld, connecting creative spirits with the brand's iconic line up of hairsprays designed to enable new possibilities of self-expression.
As Ulta Beauty Prepared to open the doors to its first-ever Manhattan location, Chief Artistic Director Nick Stenson and his Pro Team headed into the heart of Times Square to capture a collection inspired by the city that never sleeps.
Drew Schaefering, NYC hairstylist and CRUXE Founder, created these Siren Waves using L’Oréal Professionnel products. Here are glamourous waves you can create by curling vertical sections away from the face and on both sides of the head.
These long waves by Anh Co Tran will give your client the youthful look they are looking for. Injecting creativity, passion and innovation into every masterpiece he creates, Tran dished up these beautiful waves—which is his signature look.
This is the definition of sweetheart curls! Lively and vivacious these soft waves are whimsical and light to the touch. Try this styling technique by Anh Co Tran for your clients who already have some texture in their hair.