Blower and iron: Ted Gibson
Brushes: Denman, YS Park
Curling Iron: Hot Tools
Stylers: Beautiful Hold Hairspray, Hair
Treatment Sheet, Styling Sheet, Fix It
Gel, Build It Blow Drying Agent and
Tame It Shine Lotion all by Ted Gibson.
Make-up: Temptu Cosmetics
(foundation), Mirabella (eye), Your Name Cosmetics (lip)
Devore satin gown by Donna Karan, crystal earrings, cuffs and rings by Dannijo.
Photo 2 of 8
1. Rub the styling sheet through hair.
Photo 3 of 8
2. Blow dry medium sections over round brush.
Photo 4 of 8
3. Gently apply baby powder to one-inch sections. This is for control, body and to refresh the hair (Ted sometimes uses dry shampoo).
Photo 5 of 8
4. Wrap medium sections around a large curling iron, wrapping back and away from face.
Photo 6 of 8
5. At nape wrap vertically and allow hair to cool.
Photo 7 of 8
6. Take a large section from the front and roll back. Secure with pins. Pull out sections to create width.
To celebrate the brand's 10-year anniversary, Oribe Hair Care invited artist and educator Adam Livermore on set to show how 10 of the original products are still relevant 10 years after Oribe’s launch: gels that condition, oils that hold, sprays that don’t flake, skin-care-grade shampoos that prep hair for styling and gently balance the scalp and masques that have the richness and body of a lavish moisturizing cream.
These 20 stylists have shown that the ponytail can be so much more. From power looks to piece-y textures and intricate bridal ponies, this style has pushed its way to the top tier of updos. We've gathered 20 of our favorite ponytails from Instagram to inspire you to create your own.