Blower and iron: Ted Gibson
Brushes: Denman, YS Park
Curling Iron: Hot Tools
Stylers: Beautiful Hold Hairspray, Hair
Treatment Sheet, Styling Sheet, Fix It
Gel, Build It Blow Drying Agent and
Tame It Shine Lotion all by Ted Gibson.
Make-up: Temptu Cosmetics
(foundation), Mirabella (eye), Your Name Cosmetics (lip)
Devore satin gown by Donna Karan, crystal earrings, cuffs and rings by Dannijo.
Photo 2 of 8
1. Rub the styling sheet through hair.
Photo 3 of 8
2. Blow dry medium sections over round brush.
Photo 4 of 8
3. Gently apply baby powder to one-inch sections. This is for control, body and to refresh the hair (Ted sometimes uses dry shampoo).
Photo 5 of 8
4. Wrap medium sections around a large curling iron, wrapping back and away from face.
Photo 6 of 8
5. At nape wrap vertically and allow hair to cool.
Photo 7 of 8
6. Take a large section from the front and roll back. Secure with pins. Pull out sections to create width.
A bushel braid is the current braid-of-the-moment making its rounds on Instagram, and we are not mad about it! Artist Connective member Caralee Fox Pridemore explains how she and colorist Rachel Highfield collaborated on this beautiful, colorful look.
One of the best parts about being an editor for MODERN is the ability to feature both new and seasoned artists on our page and share your work to our more than 1 million followers! See the most-liked posts from our Instagram from February 12-18.