Editorial stylist and What Not to Wear star Ted Gibson gives his models a big finish with looks worthy of any special occasion.
Products and Tools
Blower and iron: Ted Gibson
Brushes: Denman, YS Park
Curling Iron: Hot Tools
Stylers: Beautiful Hold Hairspray, Hair Treatment Sheet, Styling Sheet, Fix It
Gel, Build It Blow Drying Agent and
Tame It Shine Lotion all by Ted Gibson.
Make-up: Temptu Cosmetics
(foundation), Mirabella (eye), Your
Name Cosmetics (lip)
Photo 2 of 8
1. Blow dry medium sections over a round brush.
Photo 3 of 8
2. Using a jumbo curling iron, wrap sections back and away from the face.
Photo 4 of 8
3. Back comb the hair at base to create an anchor point for extensions.
Photo 5 of 8
4. Place extensions along backcombed area and secure.
Photo 6 of 8
5. Define the part with gel.
Photo 7 of 8
6. While on set, back comb ends for volume and width.
Stylists who excel in the art of the updo often develop clever little tricks for creating outstanding work. Here are three go-to techniques, created by Sexy Hair artists, used to create the three looks in their latest collections.
From dress shopping to carefully selecting a signature hairstyle, prepping for the occasion is half the fun. As an homage to the glitz and glamour of cocktail parties past, retro finger waves are both beautiful and refreshing and will definitely help your clients stand out in a crowded room.