Editorial stylist and What Not to Wear star Ted Gibson gives his models a big finish with looks worthy of any special occasion.
Products and Tools
Blower and iron: Ted Gibson
Brushes: Denman, YS Park
Curling Iron: Hot Tools
Stylers: Beautiful Hold Hairspray, Hair Treatment Sheet, Styling Sheet, Fix It
Gel, Build It Blow Drying Agent and
Tame It Shine Lotion all by Ted Gibson.
Make-up: Temptu Cosmetics
(foundation), Mirabella (eye), Your
Name Cosmetics (lip)
Photo 2 of 8
1. Blow dry medium sections over a round brush.
Photo 3 of 8
2. Using a jumbo curling iron, wrap sections back and away from the face.
Photo 4 of 8
3. Back comb the hair at base to create an anchor point for extensions.
Photo 5 of 8
4. Place extensions along backcombed area and secure.
Photo 6 of 8
5. Define the part with gel.
Photo 7 of 8
6. While on set, back comb ends for volume and width.
To celebrate the brand's 10-year anniversary, Oribe Hair Care invited artist and educator Adam Livermore on set to show how 10 of the original products are still relevant 10 years after Oribe’s launch: gels that condition, oils that hold, sprays that don’t flake, skin-care-grade shampoos that prep hair for styling and gently balance the scalp and masques that have the richness and body of a lavish moisturizing cream.
These 20 stylists have shown that the ponytail can be so much more. From power looks to piece-y textures and intricate bridal ponies, this style has pushed its way to the top tier of updos. We've gathered 20 of our favorite ponytails from Instagram to inspire you to create your own.