How to Sustain Your Business Today!
Dee DeLuca-Mattos, Vice President of CURES by Avance, was recently invited to speak at a CURES sponsored luncheon for the Las Vegas Spa Association. The 15 spa directors in attendance were most interested in Dee's ideas on how to sustain their business today. She agreed to share her top five suggestions with us!
- Change the way you think about business, spa and technology. This is not an option. As the old saying goes you know what you know! Well today we must explore, research and learn new ways to connect to our clients on a very emotional level. How many of you once said, no way will anybody ever buy water? It wasnât about the product as much as it was about understanding the customer, which leads me to:
- Embrace technology in every way shape and form, it is a way of life for a generation that we have not even tapped into as of yet. It will be the only means of connecting to an entire generation, so we need to be on the band wagon. If you're afraid of it, go out and hire a 7-year-old, it will cost you an ice cream cone! (Well, maybe today an I-pod.)
- Understand and know your consumer. You will be very surprised to know that what you think your clients want today isnât what they really want or need. Donât speak to your customers; speak with them. Ask them whatâs most important during their visit? Time savvy treatments? Results? Relaxation.
- Create excitement and reasons for your clients to STOP in for spa events, Soirees, special promotional days, keynote speakers ( maybe your esthetician that specialized in a specific treatment or service) VIP events, one hour only exclusives on services, friends and families day, Christmas In July, tea parties, you name it. Donât sit and wait for your clients to visit, offer multiple invitations.
- Barter and Partner! Everyone is feeling the effects of economic climate so it is the perfect time to create a buddy system with like minded business that can promote your business to their clientele and visa versa.