Odile Finishes Dande-lion Chignons with Phyto at 3.1 Phillip Lim
There were some amazing finishes at last weeks New York's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but one that had even the buyers buzzing was this silhouette by Odile Gilbert for 3.1 Phillip Lim. Even the designer chimed in on the chic chignon saying "The modern female dandy-stemming from individuality, balance and delicacy. The dande-lion is colorful in spirit, subtle in her way. She has evolved to exist in modern time, she has the strength of a lion and is subtly whimsical in her approach, she is the Dande-lion." Odile created the look by using Phytovolume Actif, followed by Phytolaque soie hair spray with silk proteins and Phytolaque hairspray to finish. She also added Phyto 7 crÃ¨me du jour to smooth and prevent fly-aways.
Odile Gilbert (for PHYTO) offers these step by steps:
- Spray Phytovolume Actif volumizing spray to the root and work through hair.
- Blow Dry. (Product is heat activated.)
- Side part hair, leaving enough to create (or give the illusion of) a side swept bang.
- Pull hair back into a low pony, then twist hair to create an easy chignon. Pin.
- For bang: Spray Phytolaque soie light hairspray to 3 front pieces.
- Curl pieces with a curling iron, creating ringlets.
- Pull 3 piece "bang" to side as if you were creating a braid, and leave one piece free to fall along face. Twist, then pin pieces above the ear.
- Finished with Phytolaque medium hold hairspray.
- Apply Phyto 7 crÃ¨me du jour leave-in conditioner to smooth hair.