FASHION WEEK: Aveda Does the First Show
Ok...New York Fashion Week for the fall/winter 2011 collections kicks off tomorrow, but Aveda decided to get a jump on the official opening and offered the services of Antoinette Beenders as lead stylist and Janell Geason as lead make-up artist for the Organic by John Patrick show. Titled "Model Off Duty" the look was simply gorgeous...messy and glamorous at the same time.
Antoinette offers her step by steps for your clients:
1. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion throughout the hair for matte texture. Massage with fingertips at the root for slight volume.
2. Gently backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, ultra roughed-up look, while leaving the ends of the hair untouched. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for light hold.
3. Using a Mason Pearson brush, loosely brush the top of the hair back to smooth backcombed portions. Allow hair to part naturally.
4. To create the textured, half-up style, twist and pull one-inch sections from above the ear on each side of the head. Use bobby pins to secure the entwined pieces at the occipital bone at the back of the head.
5. To keep the haphazard look from being untidy, finish with a holding mist of Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
For make-up, Janell Geason offered her steps:
1. Prep skin with Aveda Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme for luminosity.
2. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Blush Brush (#9), lightly apply Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture SPF 15 to the face for extra glow.
3. Apply Aveda Inner Light Concealer to even skin tone under the eye and set with Aveda Inner Light Mineral Loose Translucent Powder. Skin should look hydrated and glowing.
4. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Blush Brush (#9) gently brush Aveda Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Opal (or similar light, natural shade) to highlight the areas where natural light reflects: bridge of the nose, center of the forehead, chin and cheek bones. Skin should look hydrated and glowing.
1. Prep eyelids with Aveda Inner Light Concealer to even skin tone.
2. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Medium Eye Color Brush (#2), apply Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobi Sands-using the middle color of the palette-from the lash line to the brow. Use the Aveda Flax Sticks Eye Smudger (#5) to brush that same color along bottom lash line. For a dewy effect, dab a drop of Aveda All Sensitive Body Formula on the centers of each eyelid for a dewy finish.
3. Curl lashes and lightly apply Aveda Mosscara in Earth to top and bottom lashes.
1. Prime lips with Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Definer. Lightly apply Aveda Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Opal with fingertips.
2. Touch Aveda Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Morning Rose to the center of the lip for a hint of color.