Straight and Sleek Styles at the Teen Choice Awards
Ashley Greene showed off shiny strands and sunkissed skin. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)Photo By Getty Images Photo 2 of 12
Avril Lavigne kept to her trademark style of straight hair and dramatic eyes. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)Photo By Getty Images Photo 3 of 12
Chelsea Hobbs’ simple and chic hairstyle let her bold red lips take center stage. (Photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage)Photo By WireImage Photo 4 of 12
Jojo’s long locks looked shiny and healthy. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage)Photo By WireImage Photo 5 of 12
Maggie Q’s smooth, straight hair showed off her summer highlights. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)Photo By Getty Images Photo 6 of 12
65843305Photo 8 of 12
120618419Photo 9 of 12
65853229Photo 10 of 12
65842243Photo 11 of 12
65842015Photo 12 of 12
Last Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards celebrated the newest generation of Hollywood entertainers as chosen by fans. The nominees and attendees brought fresh energy to the red carpet, but most kept it classic with hair and makeup. We noticed more than a few straight and sleek styles with a center or slightly off-center part (see all photos below). The simple style looked cool for late summer and kept the focus on stars’ glowing skin, dramatic eyes or bold lips.
To achieve a similar look, Timothy John, hairstylist and owner of Timothy John’s Salon in New York City, gave us the rundown for what he calls his “Simply Straight and Sleek” style:
1. Shampoo and condition with TIGI S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo and S-Factor Smoothing Conditioner.
2. Apply dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil.
3. Evenly distribute a small amount of S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer from ends to roots.
4. Let air dry.
5. Finish drying with a large paddle brush, remembering to direct the air down the hairshaft.
6. Touch up with a flat iron; keep the iron moving as not to damage the hair.
7. Finish with a bit of Moroccanoil Hairspray and Shine Spray.