FASHION WEEK: Updos and Low Ponytails at Marc Jacobs and Diesel
Models walk the runway at the Diesel Black Gold Spring 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at 711 12th Ave on September 13, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week)Photo By Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz F Photo 2 of 4
Hair at Marc by Marc Jacobs Show, 2012 Spring/Summer Fashion WeekPhoto 3 of 4
Models get ready backstage prior to the start of the Diesel Black Gold Spring 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Pier 94 on September 13, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Andy Kropa/Getty Images)Photo By Getty Images Photo 4 of 4
MARC BY MARC JACOBS SHOW
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a sleek, clean updo to match the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2012 collection on Monday, September 12th.
"When collaborating with Marc on this look, the inspiration that was referenced was actually my own work from the 90’s. This look started as a ponytail and we reinvented it. But we couldn't keep it simple, so created a more complicated clean and spiky version.” —Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
1. Apply satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion to damp hair and blow-dry.
2. Pull hair back into a ponytail at the occipital bone and secure with an elastic – make sure no part is showing, and that it’s clean off the face.
3. Flip the ponytail towards the front of the head, and about 2 inches above the elastic, secure the hair with a silver clip.
4. Then flip the ponytail back down towards the nape of the neck and about 2 inches below the elastic, secure with a 2nd clip to create a bump effect.
5. Spray the entire shape with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
6. Pull a few pieces out from the bump and spray with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to create an aerodynamic effect
7. Finish the look by adding a heavy amount of glass 01 smoothing serum to the area from the hairline to the elastic for a high shine look.
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a beachy, wet-looking low ponytail that put an emphasis on natural summer beauty at the Spring/Summer 2012 Diesel show Tuesday, September 13th.
“The look was inspired by a French girl’s style in the 1980’s- it’s easy and effortless, and looks like she’s just come off the beach. Redken guts 10 gives it that wet look without actually having sopping wet hair."
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
1. Wet the hair and apply a generous amount of Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam from roots to ends.
2. Scrunch hair with hand for a wavy texture and pull into a low pony, leaving out some pieces around the face.
3. Mist Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist onto the finished style.