10 Things I've Learned
I started a new Facebook page, because I learned long ago the best way to create success is to start with something successful. Otherwise, when success happens simply because of luck, it is rarely maintained or duplicated (just look at most Lottery winners that end up poor again.) True success can be shared and even duplicated, just look at Starbucks or even martial arts to see some of the many levels of success we can transfer to others and other places.
With this in mind, the Facebook page “10 Things I’ve Learned” has started and I would like to share it with you.
1. Never be a consideration, always be a yes or no. (If you want something, tell someone, don’t wait to be asked to do something cool.)
2. Take time to sharpen the saw. (Bill Gates has “Think Week” and as my dad says, “you can’t plan a good bank robbery, if you’re too busy robbing gas stations.” Take time to plan and be sharper.)
3. Without light there is no dark. (This is my friend Dhaniel Doud’s saying and it could not be more true, especially with people who are already level 35 blonde.)
4. No matter how bad you feel, there is always someone who is worse off. (Life is tough, it’s how you feel about it that makes it better, no matter how bad my day is I’m not being shot at in Iraq.)
5. Ready, fire, aim. (Try first, then worry about where you hit the target! Most people fail because they fail to try.)
6. There is no magic in a magical experience, it is just keeping people focused on what you what them to see and hiding the rest. (Only what they see is real, not what’s really happening, what magic can you
7. 9 times out of 10 when there is a problem, it is me. (No need to justify, deny or lay blame, its probably something I did or didn’t do,
8. There are only 100 pennies in every dollar. (Frank Gambuzza told me this, and once I learned the difference between an investment and an expense, I got it.)
9. If I am not crashing I am not going fast enough. (No mistakes = Nothing New or Cool)
10. Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake when I am about to make it again. (The way you know what doesn’t work is because it didn’t.)
Please share 10 Things You Have Learned @
A Place to Share Things That Can Help Others That You Have Learned