The craze for hair recently is the premiere of Twilight's Breaking Dawn: Part 1! In celebration of the premiere this Friday, November 18, 2011, MODERN SALON asked top stylists how they would style certain cast members of the hit movie. Check out the advice from these stylists on how to re-create these looks!
Kristen Stewart who stars as BELLA in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Down: Part 1 sports copper and mahogany undertones in her dark brown hair, which gives her hair a glossy regal look,” says Pravana Artistic Director Vadre Grigsby.
Try it: On Level 5 hair using Pure Light Power Lightener and 20 volume, hand paint highlights on the hair wherever you want to see more warmth at the end results. Let the lightener lift to a warm level 8. Next, on clean dry hair apply a combination of Chromasilk colors 5.45 – Level 5 copper mahogany, 6.45 – Level 6 copper mahogany and 6.34 Level 6 golden copper mixed in equal parts. I would suggest using our zero lift developer for demi-permanent results and maximum shine.”
Taylor Lautner who stars as JACOB BLACK in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 is blessed with great looks and even better hair, says Keune National Artisan John Yurkew.
Try it: “Use a traditional shear over comb technique on the back and sides of the head. After the shape on top is created, go in with texturizing shears and remove the bulk. Before the blow dry, apply Keune Blend Gel for maximum hold. Finish with Keune Blend Wax, this will give shine, texture and structure.”
Dakota Fanning who stars as JANE in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1, sports a natural looking blonde that is requested by many clients, says Celebrity Stylist Mohammad Rahebi, Identity Salon in Encino, California.
Try it: “To keep hair shiny and healthy I recommend that my clients use Malibu C Blondes Natural Wellness Treatment. It removes the residual water deposits and damaging mineral build-up that makes blondes drab and brassy. Sometimes it is not what you put on the hair that makes the big difference, it’s what you take off of the hair that brings out the beauty in blondes.”
Red to Brown
Christian Serratos who plays ANGELA in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1, celebrity stylist George Papanikolas took her color change from a red burgundy color to a dark rich chocolate. Here's his advice:
Recognize the look and level of hair care you have for a transition.
1. Serratos hair was a Level 6 Red, and we needed to transition her to a rich chocolate brown.
Know what you have to work with, and vision your end result.
2. The red is a great foundation color for creating a rich chocolate, but you need to neutralize it in order to cancel the red out.
As a colorist rely on the products that you know will do the best job of that vision and expectations.
3. Papanikolas relied on Joico's Chrome in A5 (Medium Ash Brown). The demi-permanent color richened and deepened the color to the ideal shade.
Educate your client so they will protect their color and have great healthy hair.
4. Papanikolas told Serratos that it is important to not over wash her hair. For color protection and hair strength he uses K-PAK's color therapy shampoo and conditioner.
Gavert Atelier salon has been doing the color and hair care since Twilight from the beginning to now. Breaking Dawn star Booboo Stewart who plays SETH CLEARWATER avidly comes to the salon. Stylist Mika Fowler at the Los Angeles Gavert Atelier Salon styled his hair like this:
1. Blow dry to smooth his hair out, he has very coarse thick hair.
2. Use a small flatiron to make sure baby hair is straightened.
3. Use Sebastian Professional's Microweb Wax to sleek and shape. Also apply to the roots for hold.
4. Use a finishing comb to comb back the hair.
5. Spray the hair lightly to make sure there is a strong hold.
MODERN FACEBOOK FANS! We want to know which HAIR you like better! Are you a Team Edward hair fan, or a Team Jacob hair fan? Look for the official poll tomorrow on Modern Salon and First Chair's Facebooks! If you're not already a fan, you should friend us: