Red Carpet Update: Hilary Swank at "New Year's Eve" Premiere
Hilary Swank looked beautiful in her embellished midnight blue Eli Saab Couture dress at the Los Angeles premiere of her new film “New Year’s Eve.” Her hair style, created by Robert Vetica, celebrity stylist and Moroccanoil Global Brand Ambassador, was glamorous and sexy, young and spirited.
Robert Vetica explains how to create the look:
1. “I started by blow drying Hilary’s hair with Moroccanoil Treatment to insure tangle- and frizz-free hair with a gorgeous shine that would last through the night,” says Vetica. “I dried large sections with an emphasis on a deep side part.”
2. “Focusing below the side part, I used a ¾” curling iron, worked on the hair behind the ear and down. In the back, I took larger sections directing the curl down making sure not to spiral the hair on the barrel, and continued around to the other side behind the ear.”
3. “Focusing on the side part, I used a ¾” curling iron to create curls behind the ear and worked my way down,” he says. “Taking larger sections in the back and directing the curl down, making sure not to spiral the hair on the barrel, I created curls around the back of the head, and to the other side behind the ear.”
4. Then Vetica went back to the top of the part, took big 2½” sections and curled the hair in the opposite direction. The sections were pinned to keep them out of the way, along the front hairline and down the side.
5. “Once I completed, I sprayed the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to give it a natural-looking, long-lasting hold with brilliant shine. I let the hair sit for a bit, then released the pins and gave it a good brushing.”
6. Vetica brushed the hair on the parted side back and pulled it to the side. Then he pinned it with bobby pins and a hair comb to keep the hair in place. “If you are trying to recreate this look at home, and your hair is long enough, just pull it around and adjust to the side,” he says.
7. Vetica applied Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to the style and worked it through with his fingers. This helped loosen the curls, maintained the style and insured a long-lasting set.
8. “Using my fingers and a Moroccanoil XLPRO Paddle Brush, I framed the hair around Hilary’s face, and finished the look with another spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray,” he says.
For more information about these products, visit moroccanoil.com.