FASHION WEEK: Rodney Cutler at Carlos Miele
The hair was smooth and shiny for the 2012 fall/winter collection by Carlos Miele. We met with Rodney Cutler for the Salon at Ulta Beauty who was finishing up his last model before she hit the catwalk at New York's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. "The look is quite feminine and effortless," Rodney told me as he put the finishing touches on his last model after getting the word he had just a few minutes left. Rodney and his team including ULTA lead stylists Tracy Guthrie, Elly Torres, Charles Anderson, Katie Deming, Danielle Martin and Sarah Dahl, used "lots of products," says Rodney, "especially Redken's Spray Starch and a medium curling iron." Rodney also used Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray and Redken Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray.
GET THE LOOK:
- Layer Redken Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray and Redken Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray throughout sections of the hair and blow out straight until completely dry.
- Grab small sections of the hair, spray Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray and curl the hair using a 1-inch curling iron.
- Feed the hair through the curling iron continuing to flip the ends to avoid ridges.
- Pin up each of the curled pieces of hair.
- After a couple of minutes let down the hair and brush out the curls gently creating a soft full look.