FASHION WEEK: Windblown Hair With Mixed Textures at Preen
I just love this hair by Paul Hanlon for Aveda at the Preen Autumn/Winter 2012 Show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week! The look is windblown with mixed textures. "The look we've created is a haphazard, sport knot with an aerodynamic feel," says Hanlon.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Aveda Phomollient liberally all over damp hair. Blow dry with Mason Pearson brush, creating a rough, dry texture.
- Dust Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion at the roots and work in with fingertips. Brush through and blow dry to set.
- Start at the nape of the neck and loosely backcomb hair in sections to the top of the occipital bone.
- Use a brush to gently backcomb remaining hair on top of head, working from hair line to occipital bone.
- Create a center part at the back of the head. Separate hair into two vertical sections and tie into a knot at the occipital bone. For longer hair, double knot. Secure with large hairpins, leaving ends loose.
- Style loose ends upward and back. Spray hair with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray while blowdrying to create a windblown effect.
- Apply Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade to a 2-inch section of hair at the hairline.
- Use a 2” comb to sweep the section of hair back from the hairline, intentionally leaving comb marks. Secure at the crown.
- Finish with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray as needed to hold style in place.