FASHION WEEK: Guido Uses Redken for Marc Jacobs
Guido, Redken Creative Consultant, once told me that most designers in New York like simple, consumer friendly finishes. This styling genius can pull off ANYTHING, so we were thrilled that he had a chance to create these fun braided buns to help keep Marc Jacobs hats, designed for his fall 2012 collection, in place. According to the press release that came out after the show, Guido acknowledged that the hair played a “supporting actor role” at the show, but we all know better. The designers’ Dr. Seuss - like hats were fun and fashionable, and the models still looked great once the hats came off. Says Guido,“Fashion shows are almost always a bit like a dream, and at Marc Jacobs today we're certainly creating a character. She's a little Tim Burton-esque, innocently dark.”
Create the Look:
- On clean hair, pull out the first thin layer of hair from the forehead and pull over the face so it creates a veil.
- Create a clean center part from the forehead to the nape of the neck.
- Pull the hair into low side ponytails (under the ear) and secure with an elastic.
- Braid each pigtail and wrap around into a knot, secure with pins.
- Finish with Redken's forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray to secure the knots.