HOW-TO: Renaissance Crimped Updo
STEP 2Photo 2 of 12
STEP 3Photo 3 of 12
STEP 3Photo 4 of 12
STEP 4Photo 5 of 12
STEP 4Photo 6 of 12
STEP 5Photo 7 of 12
STEP 5Photo 8 of 12
STEP 6Photo 9 of 12
FINAL LOOKPhoto 10 of 12
FINALPhoto 11 of 12
How to create Philip Pelusi's Renaissance crimped updo style seen at 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
- Prep hair with Tela Beauty Organics Composer for control, definition, shine and heat protection.
- Create a center part with 1 1/2 inch sections at each side from temple to the crown
- Subdivide into four sections off the part on each side and begin to crimp the hair starting with a bottom section. Create on the other side. (Prep each section with Dri Shampoo for light hold.)
- Take the back section and twist and pin into a tight circular top-knot.
- Take each section of crimped hair and drap it down to the top of the ear and back into the top knot and pin.
- Check for balance and apply any additional pins as needed.