René Furterer's Bowman and Monzon star at Kate Spade
Lead hair designers Creighton Bowman and Matthew Monzon (for Rene Furterer) created graphic shapes with a heavy fringe for the Kate Spade New York Fall 2012 Collection shown last week during New York Fashion Week. To complement the Parisian inspired fashions, Creighton and Matthew channeled 1960's Paris by transforming the 30 models with long, straight hair and powerful bangs.
“We were going for a very strong, graphic look with thick, blunt-cut fringe” says Creighton. “The idea was to create a pristine mannequin effect. This is a sexy, whimsical look for the girl who wants to stand out at the party.”
Matthew, who called the finish "Gamine Chic with Faux Fringe," explained why they used Rene Furterer: “Along with giving the hair polish and looking very graphic and clean, we also wanted the finished quality to be shiny and healthy, which is exactly what you achieve with René Furterer products.”
The duo broke down the HOW TO for other styling professionals:
- First apply René Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo to the hair.
- Before blow drying, apply René Furterer Fioravanti shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray through hair to the ends. (If hair is fine, René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray is spritzed on hair and massaged into roots before blow-drying for a body boost.)
- Post-blow-out, hair is given a blast of René Furterer Glossing Spray and then smoothed with a flat iron for a glass-like finish.
- Next, silky clip-on bangs from Helena Collection are trimmed and then given a light blow-out.
- The hair is then parted in the center, held with a bobby pin on each side of the part and misted at the roots near the part with finishing spray.
- The bangs are clipped into place and given a few more strategic snips if necessary.
- A dab of René Furterer Myrrhea no rinse silkening fluid is rubbed between palms of hands and smoothed over surface of ends of hair.
- Mist with René Furterer Vegetal Finishing Spray. It adds hold and leaves a satin feeling finish.