Braid of the Day How-to: Braid Within A Braid!
Step 3Photo 2 of 6
Step 4Photo 3 of 6
I thought this braid within a braid would be perfect for the Braid of the Day today, and I thought, who better to explain this technique than Rusk's elite Creative Team member, Sherri Jessee!
Jessee got to work and created this step-by-step exclusively for MODERN. "This is a great style for second day hair and so easy to do," says Jessee. "Tiny braids are added to two of the three strands of a classic braid for extra pizzaz."
What other kind of unique braid ideas can you come up with? E-mail me, Associate Editor Lauren Salapatek at [email protected] a picture of your braid, how-to steps, and I may feature you as a Braid of the Day!
1. To smooth flyaways, mist hair with a leave-in conditioner like Rusk's 12 in 1 Miracle Treatment and sweep hair over and secure in a low, side ponytail.
2. Divide the hair into three sections.
3. Braid a small sub-section from each of the two sections and tie off with small elastics.
4. Add the small braids back to their original sections and braid the hair with a classic three-strand braid.
5. When you have completed the braid, tie off at bottom removing the original elastics on the small braids.
6. Hair spray to smooth flyaways.
Visit rusk1.com for product details.