Bio Beauty Agave Smoothing Treatment
AFTERPhoto 2 of 9
BEFOREPhoto 3 of 9
1. Cleanse with clarifying shampoo and rough dry hair 90 percent. Divide into four sections off the natural part.Photo 4 of 9
2. Begin with 1 oz. Agave Smoothing Treatment and add more as needed. Begin application at nape using ¼” horizontal subsections. Apply treatment ½” from scalp to ends. Do not over-saturate.Photo 5 of 9
3. Evenly distribute treatment along the entire length of subsection with a fi ne-toothed comb. If product accumulates on comb, hair is oversaturated. Complete application and process according to manufacturer’s directions.Photo 6 of 9
4. Using a large paddle brush with slight tension, blow dry treatment into the hair. Dry thoroughly. Once dry, section hair from forehead to nape, and ear to ear.Photo 7 of 9
5. Begin sealing/smoothing at nape using ¼” horizontal subsections with quick passes.Photo 8 of 9
6. Complete the sealing process according to manufacturer’s directions.Photo 9 of 9
Hair: Vasilios “Vasi” Vassilakis for Bio Ionic
Photography: Roberto Ligresti
Make-up: Suzie K.
Fashion styling: Alejandro Peraza
In a small studio in Hollywood, high above Sunset Boulevard, Bio Ionic held a premiere. Artistic Director Vasilios Vassilakis’ vision was to create smooth, retro-structured waves combining two new systems— the Agave Smoothing Treatment and the Bio Blow Out. The result was met with rave reviews.
“Once we had tamed and smoothed her hair with Agave, we put in big sexy waves with the Bio Blow Out,” says Vassilakis. “We were going for Hollywood glam— and we got it, beautifully.”