Graham WebbÃ¢â¬â¢s hair artist team members let you in on how they created these looks. You can find all products mentioned in the Graham Webb line.
Soft Long Layers
- Section hair into four panels, front to back and side to side. At the apex,
establish your guide at approximately 7 inches.
- Cut hair at an angle from apex to front hairline following the center parting
Go from 7 inches at apex to 5 inches at front hairline. This will become your
stationary guide line.
- Standing on the right hand side and working from the apex forward, begin
bringing subsequent horizontal sections over directed to the stationary
guide. When you have completed the front panel, go to the back panel and
repeat. Maintain your angle, working from apex back until elevated hair no
longer reaches guide.
- While remaining on the right-hand side, begin bringing hair left of the
center parting to the stationary center section; complete the left-hand side
with subsequent horizontal sections working front panel first and then left
- Using shears, detail the perimeter and the front hairline.
- Shampoo hair using Back to Basics Volumizing Apple Ginseng Shampoo &
- Spray Volumizing Root Boost into root area of damp hair. Apply Bodifying
- Mousse throughout remainder of hair. Using a medium boar bristle round
brush, section from the nape working upward and blow dry entire head.
- Finish using Firm Hold Hairspray.
- Begin at nape with a ÃÂ½-inch horizontal section. Using tension, rest one
finger on the back to create slight elevation and cut about 2 inches below
shoulders to allow for curl to bounce up.
- Continue to work up head form, taking ÃÂ½-inch horizontal sections and
gradually increasing elevation. Connect sides by using horizontal sections
and keeping elevation consistent.
- At the apex, cut layers to the round of the head blending in at the crest
line. This enables for maximum movement in the interior
- Loosely tousle the hair while randomly point-cutting for added texture and
- Shampoo and condition with Back to Basics Moisture Rich Coconut Mango
- On damp hair, apply a generous amount of Texture Defining Lotion mixed
with a bit of Firm Hold Styling Gel. Allow to air dry.
- Gently separate with fingers.
- Start at apex and cut a round layer 2ÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ½ inches in length down the center
back of the head.
- Pivot from apex and continue until the entire back of the head has been
- Establish a center part at the top of the head and continue cutting at 2ÃÂ½
inches, exiting at front hairline.
- Using traveling sections, complete sides. Begin to pivot as you reach the
front round of the head.
- Using shears or razor, detail out the fringe and perimeter as desired.
- Shampoo and condition hair with Back to Basics Reparative Raspberry
- Apply a mixture of two parts Texture Defining Lotion and one part
- Blow-dry loosely with a vent brush.
- Finish with Flexible Hold Hairspray.
For make-up technicals on these looks, see "Mellow Make-up" under FirstSkills Make-up.
Photography by Steven Lippman
Hair by Irene Miekle, Greg Young and Luis Torres for Graham Webb
Make-up by Agostina Lombardo
Wardrobe styling by Daniel Caudill