Whether you become a stylist, an esthetician, nail technician or
make-up artist you can choose to be your own boss by working
in a booth rental salon. Rather than working on commission or
salary for someone else, you can be self-employed. Booth renting
can have its advantages and disadvantages. Issues to consider:
• You can create customizable hours at your convenience.
• You can schedule your own appointments.
• You have your own business license.
• You keep your own client list.
• You pay your own expenses and taxes.
• You pay for your equipment and supplies.
• Your income fluctuates.
• You do your own sales and marketing.
• You have competition inside the same facility
With the proliferation of blow-dry bars and the trend toward red-carpet looks for every woman, you might wonder what it takes to be a true blow dry and style pro, making clients look fabulous all day long.