Many professional stylists will tell you that cutting with a
razor is a creative way to achieve multi-textured looksâ
but the razor can be very intimidating for a newbie.
Washi Scissor offers up tips for new professionals on how to make your razor work for you. For more tips and tricks, visit washiscissor.com.
- Evaluate the natural texture and growth patterns of your clientâs hair.
- Curly hair is tricky to work with when using a razor, because of its natural movement and texture.
- Razor cutting is best on fine to medium textures that lack volume or separation.
- Replace blades frequently for the most effective results.
- Use on damp or wet hair for painless gliding.
- Work on small sections of hair using swift, short downward motions.