Contoured Ombre How-To
Formula used: 6NtL and 6NtL=8NtL mixed with 10 volume developer
1. Even out porosity and create better anchoring sites for the color on overly-porous hair, perform a Silk Degrees Shine Treatment.
a. Begin by shampooing the hair with Pravana’s Clarifying Shampoo. Towel dry.
b. Mix 1 oz. of Silk Degrees Treatment to a quarter-sized amount of Shine Serum.
c. Apply using a bowl and brush application. Comb through hair to ensure even coverage.
d. Place a plastic cap over the hair and process under a warm hood dryer for 15–20 minutes. Rinse hair and dry completely.
2. Section the hair into quadrants. Starting in the nape, apply 6NtL to the mid-shaft. Apply 6NtL=8NtL through the ends, blending the two formulas where they meet.
3. Continue working up the head, taking ¼ - ½” slices and applying 6NtL to the mid-shaft and 6NtL=8NtL to the ends, blending the two together where they meet.
Tip: You may want to use foil or plastic wrap to lay beneath the first section to keep color off of the client.
4. Continue applying the color in this fashion, working through the sides and up to the top taking horizontal/diagonal slices, starting at the ear. Process for 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Rinse, shampoo with any NEVO Sulfate-Free Shampoo, follow with a NEVO Conditioner. Style as desired.