The Pulled Back Ladder Braid
Looking for a fresh, new braiding technique? The "pull back ladder braid," coined by Sam Villa, Redken artistic director and founding partner of Sam Villa, takes only five minutes and makes a major statement!
1. Take a slice of hair at the center section and a slice of hair right above the ear on the left and right side of the head and pull them back so all three strands meet in the center back of the head.
2. Start a normal three-strand braid; left over right, right over left. Repeat two times.
3. Begin to add hair to sections - take a slice of hair just below the first section and above the ear and add it to the center section.
4. Add a section of hair from the opposite side, adding hair while braiding.
5. Continue to braid and add hair to the center section from each side until braid reaches the middle of the neck.
6. Take the rest of the hair in hands and create a normal three-strand braid until the ends and secure with a clear hair elastic.
PRO TIP: Before braiding, Scrimp hair to alter the texture 3X and prevent braids from slipping.