How-To: Tucked Bun
Miami-based Master Stylist and owner of Femme Coiffure Salon Raphael Reboh shares his steps to create the Tucked Bun, a simple and sophisticated updo.
Reboh has styled a-list tresses including Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Joan Collins, Adriana Lima, Bianca Jagger and even the late Joan Rivers. Femme Coiffure has locations in Bal Harbor, The Ritz Carlton and is soon opening in Miami’s Design District.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by pulling hair into a low ponytail.
2. Next, make a “nest” for your hair by sliding the ponytail holder about an inch or an inch and a half down the ponytail, just enough to loosen it up.
3. Separate your hair right above the ponytail holder.
4. Next, roll up your hair. To make ponytail easy to tuck into nest, use your index finger as a form to roll the ponytail up into a ball.
5. The next step is to take the ponytail ball you have wrapped around your finger and tuck it into the nest.
6. Push down the ponytail holder to make sure the hair is all tucked in then start pinning. It takes about two or three bobby pins placed close to the ponytail holder to secure hair all day.
7. Once your bun is pinned in place, use a fine toothcomb to gently comb together the hair that parted when you made the nest.
8. This style can be embellished with a headband, bows or clips. When finished, spritz with Rene Furterer Vegetal Styling finishing spray. This style can be achieved with either fine or thick hair it just must be long.