How-To: Maddie & Tae's Boho Waves and Rock Star Pony
Maddie Marlow and Tae Dye of the country music duo ‘Maddie & Tae,’ presented at the American Country Countdown Awards on December 15, 2014, sporting two distinct and stunning hairstyles. Both looks were created by Celebrity Stylist Tarryn Feldman, who has shared her steps to creating these styles below:
GET THE LOOK: Maddie Marlow’s Boho Chic Waves
1. Tarryn began by preparing the damp hair with Kevin Murphy Curl Hold Gel and then used the T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer to dry the hair.
2. Once dry, she separated the hair into large sections and worked on one section at a time.
3. Using the 1.5” straight barrel of the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand, Tarryn began to wrap a section around the wand away from the face, and finished with Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray.
4. To create texture to each section, she then teased the hair at the root using a T3 Carbon Rat Tail Comb and sprayed it with Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.
5. She repeated steps 3 & 4 around the entire head.
6. Once finished, Tarryn then created a ‘Farrah Fawcett’ sweeping effect at the front of the face with a deep side part.
7. She finished by spraying the entire style with Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray.
Tools used: T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer, 1.5” barrel of T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand, T3 Carbon Rat Tail Comb, Kevin Curl Hold Gel, Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray.
GET THE LOOK: Tae Dye’s Edgy, Rock Star Pony
1. Beginning with damp hair, Tarryn used the T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer to dry the hair.
2. Once complete, she then straightened the hair with the T3 Fahrenheit 450 Flat Iron in small sections until the entire head was pin straight.
3. Then, Tarryn parted the head into three sections: two side sections and one section on the top of the head.
4. Starting with the top section, Tarryn braided the hair towards the back of the head. She then repeated the process with the two side sections.
5. Once the braids were created, Tarryn gathered all of the hair together into a high pony and created texture by teasing the ponytail with the T3 Carbon Rat Tail Comb and applying Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair Dry Cleaning Spray.
6. She finished by spraying the entire head with Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray.
Tools and Products used: T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer, T3 Fahrenheit 450 Flat Iron, Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair Dry Cleaning Spray, Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray, T3 Carbon Rat Tail Comb.