How-To: Jena Malone's Classic Hollywood Waves
After seeing Jena Malone’s Ulyana Sergeenko dress for the Los Angeles premiere of her highly anticipated film Inherent Vice, hairstylist Bobby Eliot of TMG Group was instantly inspired by Grace Kelly. He created slicked back waves for the rising actress using Oribe products.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Foundation Mist.
2. Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to the roots and Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil to the ends. Blow-dry the hair with a Mason Pearson boar-bristle brush.
3. Once the hair is dry, spray Superfine Hair Spray all over the hair. Use a 1-inch curling iron to create a classic set starting at the nape and working your way up to the crown. Over-direct the hair on the sides behind the ears. Set the hair with another misting of Superfine Hair Spray and let the hair cool.
4. Use a pea-size amount of Sculpting Cream on the top and sides of the hair. Brush the set out for sculpted, soft waves.
5. Finish the look with Superfine Hair Spray and Shine Light Reflecting Spray.