How-To: Karolina Kurkova's Sleek Low Bun
Karolina Kurkova attended Valentino’s first haute couture show on December 10 in New York City. Hairstylist Jennifer Yepez wanted to create a modern look to complement Kurkova’s romantic ensemble and used Oribe products to achieve the sophisticated style.
“We felt that a strong center part with sleek and shiny hair was perfect,” said Yepez. “We also wanted to have something special about the back so I created a braided bun for a strong and beautiful profile.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Maximista Thickening Spray from the roots to ends. Blow-dry with a Mason Pearson boar-bristle brush.
2. Create a center part. Use your brush to smooth your hair into a low ponytail and secure with a hook elastic.
3. Mist the ponytail with Dry Texturizing Spray for volume and texture. Braid the ponytail and secure the end with a small elastic.
4. Shape your braid into a bun and pin it in place with hairpins. Tame flyaways with Superfine Hair Spray.
5. Apply Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil on the top part of your hair for high shine.