Snips and Clips with Yusef Williams
Celebrity Hairstylist Yusef Williams—the man behind many of Rihanna’s iconic hair looks—shares 10 unique facts about his life.
- As a child, I performed at Disney World as part of Kids of the Kingdom, a version of the Mickey Mouse Club, but with a live performance angle.
- I was born and raised in Miami, Florida, in the Latin community Hialeah.
- I am the sibling of 24 brothers and sisters— very big family. I’m right in the middle.
- My favorite on-set styling products are Rich Pure Luxury’s Argan Oil Elixir and Argan De-Frizz & Shine Mist. I wash my extensions with the Pure Luxury Intense Shampoo and Conditioner and make sure my clients, whomever I’m styling, use it, too, because it leaves the hair really clean and healthy.
- My name, Yusef, means to increase and go further. So there’s no limit to what I can do.
- I have a lot of tattoos, but no piercings.
- One of my favorite tattoos is of a lion on my hand. It’s because I’m a Leo, my birthday is August 8th.
- My morning regimen begins with shaving because I’m pretty hairy. But I’m a trimmer; I don’t use razors or I’ll break out. My go-to is the Andis Design T Trimmer. I follow by applying toner all over my face, La Mer facial crème and a spritz of rosewater, then I’m pretty.
- I have a pet rabbit named Bunny. He’s a Holland Lop with white fur and gray ears.
- I still get anxiety about going to work sometimes. I get butterflies before I head out for a shoot, but once I’m there, I’m on it. There’s no stopping me.