Bella's Secrets to Becoming a Successful Hairstylist
When a hairstylist fails to achieve their client's desired look, they often become discouraged and begin feeling inadequate. Fear of failure, causes the stylist to unconsciously sabotage their chances of success. This is usually due to lack of advanced education and guidance.
Never fear though, remember you can always learn from your mistakes. Plus, there are a number of things you can do to help you go far in your career. Here are a few tips from Bella Shahmoradian, master hairdresser, lead educator and author of Bella's Secret on how you can become a successful master hairstylist:
- Understand both the art and science of hairdressing.
- Properly measure head and body proportions when designing hairstyles. Find out how which haircut suits your client based upon their facial shape.
- Know your client's personality to avoid choosing the wrong hairstyle. Make sure to do a 10-15 minute consultation to understand exactly what your client wants. Here are 4 tips on how you can master a consultation.
- Learn how to network with vendors in the bridal/beauty industry.
- Participate in fashion shows and raise money for charities in your community.
- Know enough about hair trends and inspiration points.
- Stay organized and focused.
- Keep up with hairstyling and haircoloring trends by visiting beauty websites and attending trade shows.
- Create a portfolio to showcase your work (online or in print). Find out how you can get the most of your photos.
- Use social media to promote yourself. Make sure you are connected on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These are great ways to connect with your clients!
For more information about Bella's Secret, visit www.bellassecret.com.