NYFW How-To: Makeup and Nails by Butter London for Joie
1970s bohemia is the spirit of Joie’s AW 2015 collection and Butter London’s lead makeup artist and manicurist Katie Jane Hughes captured the poetic soul of the era with nail and makeup looks that perfectly complemented the style.
The Joie collection celebrates the free spirit of the ’70s with luxe outerwear and chunky knits that create plush layers in neutral tones, along with dark florals and floaty silks that exude a romantic elegance. Hughes played off of these styles with makeup and nails in natural, earthy tones that evoke a simple, youthful charm.
GET THE MAKEUP LOOK:
1. Mix moisturizer and concealer for lightweight coverage.
2. Apply butter LONDON WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle down the bridge of the nose and to the inner corners of eyes.
3. Apply butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Bronzer in Bit Faker to the eyelid crease only.
4. Then apply butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in All Hail The Queen across bottom lid.
5. Finish with butter LONDON Iconoclast Mega Volume Lacquer Mascara (NEW – launching in March) only at the roots of lashes to create an effortless look.
6. Comb clear brow gel through the brows to create a full, bold brows.
7. Mix butter LONDON Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayons in Tea With The Queen, Teddy Boy and Toff (NEW - launching in April) then apply to lips.
8. Push a small amount of butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Ruby Murray on cheekbones.
GET THE NAIL LOOK:
1. Apply one coat of butter LONDON Nail 999 Base Coat to clean, dry nails.
2. Then apply one coat of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Yummy Mummy.
3. Follow with a coat of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in High Tea.
4. Finish with butter LONDON Nail 999 Top Coat to seal in color.