NYFW: UNITE at Richard Chai, F/W 2015
"For Richard Chai’s FW15 show, we created a look that walks a fine line between prissy and pretty," says lead artist Kevin Ryan, using UNITE products. "It's and carefree and lived in. The result was the creation of a hybrid figure 8 bun.”
WOMEN | HOW-TO:
1. First, spray UNITE TRICKY Spray from roots through ends to give hair grip and matte shine.
2. Sprinkle UNITE EXPANDA Dust through hair for extra grip and volume.
3. Pull hair straight back into a ponytail and secure at the nape of the neck with an elastic band.
4. Make a very loose braid from the ponytail and secure the end with a second elastic hair band at the end; making sure to leave at least 1-2” of hair loose.
5. Using forceps, pull the end of the ponytail through the hair above the top elastic band – this will create a “figure 8” bun.
6. Work with the bun to neatly dishevel the braided bun in order to create a braided, undulating shape, and then secure the hair with a bobby pin.
7. Finish the look by adding a headband that completely wraps around the hairline, ensuring that all hair is completely swept away from the face.
Kevin Ryan used UNITE products to created this messy knot.
For both the men and women, Ryan used a headband to keep the hair in place.
For the mens collection, Ryan says, "We wanted the hair to be practical, but in an athletic sense. The look is reinformced by a head ban that we've put in place to eensure the hair is completely pulled away from the face."
1. On damp hair, apply a small amount of GO24-7 HAIR GEL from root to tip.
2. Blast hair dry with UNITE IONIC PRO-DYER until the hair is completely dry.
3. Add UNITE Expanda Dust directly to the roots and lightly work it in to create volume with grip, giving the hair a lived-in texture.
4. Lightly spray the mid to ends of the hair with UNITE TRICKY Spray to add a light moldable hold to the natural texture of the hair.
5. Next, comb the hair back with fingers – in this case, less precision is more.
6. Finish the look by adding a headband that completely wraps around the hairline, ensuring that all hair is completely swept away from the face.