NYFW: China Glaze Manicures at Novis
The finished China Glaze manicure at the Novis show; Photos courtesy of ©MatthewCarasella/SocialShutterbug.com (photo credit: ©MatthewCarasella/SocialShutterbug.com)Photo By ©MatthewCarasella/SocialShutterbug.com
The runway was awash in watercolor shades with pops of bold blues and purples at the Fall/Winter 2015 Novis presentation during Mercedes’ Benz New York Fashion Week. Casey Herman for China Glaze created a two-toned “S” shaped design using light blue crème Kinetic Candy, bold green crème Shore Enuff, and true black Liquid Leather to perfectly complement the colours and design accents of the collection.
Herman was immediately drawn to the wavy ruffles and patterns in Novis designer Jordana Warmflash’s collection when it came time to design the nails. “The waves and colors reminded me of the ocean. The China Glaze shades – a mix of black, soft blue and green – captured the ocean during the autumn time, a little moodier and stark. The black wavy stripe across the nail captured the feeling of movement and made the wave bolder and more abstract, like a piece of artwork. I created this design so it was interesting without being distracting, as well as complemented all looks in the collection.”
- Apply one coat of Ridge Filler Base Coat to clean, filed nails
- Next, apply two coats of Kinetic Candy
- Using a thin striping brush, create a “S” shape across the nail using Liquid Leather
- On the side of nail closest to the tip, fill in with Shore Enuff. TIP: Use striping brush to get the polish as close to the edge of the “S” shape as possible, then polish brush to fill in the rest
- Finish with Fast Forward Top Coat.