TRANSFORMATION: Silver, Lilac and Cotton Candy Pink Haircolor
BEFORE (side and back)Photo 1 of 5
Kenra Color Creative's Pink + white 20g + pink 1g.Photo 2 of 5
Sunderland testing out color formulations.Photo 3 of 5
BEFORE AND AFTERPhoto 4 of 5
BEFORE AND AFTERPhoto 5 of 5
This client came in wanting a dramatic change. “She knew she wanted a semi-undercut, but when it came to her haircolor, she said, ‘do whatever you want,” said stylist and colorist at Royal Avenue Barbershop in Eugene, Oregon, Jeni Sunderland (JENI does H.A.M). This gave Sunderland the ability to be as creative as she liked!
Sunderland started with her haircut first and then did a heavy weave on her entire head (her whole head was weaved – no hairs left out). While her hair was processing, Sunderland used Kenra’s new Color Creative line and tested out some formulations on the hair she cut off her head. This is what she came up with!
FOLLOW THE PROCESS:
- I did a heavy weave, making sure not to leave any hair out of the packets - concentrating on applying to the roots/new growth. I used Kenra Lightener + 20 vol. For the ends, some I left out of the packets, some I lightly dusted with bleach and folded it on the side, in the packet.
- Wash and dry the hair. My client lifted to a level 11 yellow.
- Since she had a semi-undercut, I parted out her Mohawk and clipped it. The part that was left out (from hairline to the occipital bone), I did a colormelt. I used Kenra Color Creative Pink (20g) on the roots and melted it into Creatives White (20g) + Pink (1g) on the ends.
- Once the underside was finished, I covered it with Saran Wrap. I dropped the Mohawk section and applied 8SM (17g) + 10SM (17g) + Violet Booster (3g) + 10 vol. Let process for 30 minutes. I also applied silver to the undercut.
- Wash and dry the hair.
- On the Mohawk, her ends were lilac and her new growth still had a yellowish-silver tinge to it. So I used Kenra SV Rapid Toner (10g) + 9 vol (20g) for 20 minutes on her roots only (wherever I could still see yellow).
- Wash, dry and style the hair.