Kenra Color Blue Topaz How-To
Kenra Color’s 2015 Jewel collection is inspired by each month’s birthstone, translated into a new technique launched monthly. Each technique and color application represents the mesmerizing tones exposed through each jewel, as it reflects in the light. Here is Kenra Professional Senior Artist Director Robb Dubré’s interpretation for Blue Topaz.
FORMULA AND APPLICATION
Natural level 7
Formula 1: ½ oz Kenra Color Permanent 10A (Ash) + ½ oz Permanent 10SM (Silver Metallic) + 1 oz 20-volume developer
Formula 2: Add 2½ oz Creative White + ⅓ oz Creative Blue into 2½ oz Creative White + ¼ oz Creative Blue
Formula 3: Add 2½ oz Creative White + ⅓ oz Creative Blue into 2½ oz Creative White + ¼ oz Creative Blue + ¼ oz Creative Teal
1. Create a heart shape at the crown.
2. Apply Formula 1 to all hair not in the heart shape. Process 30 minutes. Then shampoo, rinse and dry completely.
3. Within the heart shape, follow the curves first and alternate Formulas 2 and 3, using a horizontal skip-slice application.
4. Now move to the apex of the heart shape to the bottom of the horizontal skip slices and alternate Formulas 2 and 3 using a pivotal skip-slice application.
5. Apply Formula 1 in between all the foils. Process for 30 minutes and rinse.
Color: Robb Dubré
Styling: David Lopez
Makeup: Jasmine Dashtizad
Fashion styling: Rod Novoa
Photography: Michael Pool