10 Keys To Success In The Salon (And In Life)
MODERN heard from one of our favorite artists, Gina Bianca (@the_hair_doctor), who has learned A LOT in her short 23 years. An extremely talented hairdresser and owner of Gina Bianca Hair, Plantsville, Connecticut, Bianca says she "lives by these guidelines and I urge other professionals to reflect on them and grow as well." We've had the honor of meeting Bianca and now understand, on a deeper level, why she is so wonderful, inspiring and successful. She practices what she preaches.
Gina Bianca shares her Ten Keys To Success:
1. Learn work ethic early. The best thing you can have for your self esteem and sanity is a job/purpose. Don't be bored. Boredom breeds mediocrity. Work ethic is AKA "the grind" which translates to doing the same thing over and over to achieve a desired goal.
2. Set short and long term goals that are realistic and make moves every day to help yourself get there. Celebrate when you achieve your goals! Hold yourself accountable when you make mistakes and learn from them to be better tomorrow.
3. Start being financially responsible as early as possible. Be friends with your finances and learn to be financially fit. Slim debt, fat savings.
4. Leaders are readers. There are books about everything. Take initiative.
5. Don't take it personal. Take a compliment and an insult the same. Don't let it get to your head if people say you're great. Stay humble and learn to give thanks. If someone hates on you its okay, remember: you are not for everyone!
6. Take classes in your field regularly. If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room.
7. Be honorable with your word. Enough said.
8. Choose friends wisely, would you rather have 4 quarters or 100 pennies?
9. Listen to your gut. It's always right.
10. Become laser focused. Figure out what you want, how you will get there and become laser focused on your mission. You will be surprised how much you can get done if you're focused.