Announcing the 2015 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Semi-Finalists
Goldwell has announced the 2015 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Semi-Finalists. Hundreds of applicants nationwide entered for the opportunity to be selected this year’s Color Zoom Global Creative Colorist, Global New Talent Colorist and Global Partner Colorist winners. Contestants were challenged to bring their creativity to life, interpreting this year’s Traditional Rebels trend and color collection, a celebration of stunning color combinations and tribal influences.
Tasked to create unexpected elegance with fashion inspired looks that blend harmony & disharmony, contestants were judged by an esteemed panel of experts. Judges included: Vice President of Education, Salon, for Kao USA Inc. Sandra Humphries, Celebrity Colorist Guy Tang, top stylist and owner of Arrojo Studio Nick Arrojo, and Beauty and Fashion Director of MODERN SALON Maggie Mulhern. This prestigious panel curated this year’s roster of talented entrants and ultimately selected five standout colorists in each category as the U.S. Semi-Finalists.
Following this round, a 2015 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Gold, Silver and Bronze winner in each of the three categories will be named by the Goldwell Hair Color Global judges’ panel in Darmstadt, Germany. The Gold winners from each category will be invited to participate in the Color Zoom 2015 International Competition. This live competition will take place at Global Zoom in Las Vegas on Sunday, October 4th, 2015, allowing finalists from around the world to showcase their talent. Judges then will decide which colorists will earn the titles of Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medal Winners in the Global Creative Colorist, Global New Talent Colorist or Global Partner Colorist categories. The Gold Medal Winners will get the coveted role in helping create the next fashion forward Color Zoom color collection.
2015 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Semi-Finalists
- Darnell Wold, Powder Room D, Brooklyn, New York
- Jessica Davis, Cortello Salon, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Thu Vo, AJF Salon, Sacramento, California
- Leslie Cook, Tangles Salon, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Harley Lobasso, Hairy By Scott & Company, Delray Beach, Florida
NEW TALENT SEMI-FINALISTS:
- Samantha Conley, Cortello Beach, Florida
- Kate Adams, Shearlous Hair Salon, Atlanta, Georgia
- Karen Neira, Di Rosa Hair Care, Franklin Square, New York
- Alicia Capazzoli, Hair By Scott & Company, Delray Beach, Florida
- Sharie Valcin, TRIO Salon, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois
- Darren Reitberg, Salon DARIN, Monroe, Connecticut
- Sara Pinckney, Miller and Mane, Mill Valley, California
- Corrine Brown, Salon Circa, Seattle, Washington
- Nicholas Moore-Perez, GLITZ NXT, Orion Charter Township, Michigan
- Daniel Rubin, TRIO Salon, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois