HOW-TO: Renaissance Waves by Guido for Redken at Dior Couture
Redken Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo and ConditionerPhoto 5 of 7
Redken fashion waves 07 sea salt sprayPhoto 6 of 7
Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing sprayPhoto 7 of 7
Inspired by ‘the garden of earthly delights,’ Redken Global Creative Director Guido created soft, child-like waves for the runway at Dior’s Couture show.
“The inspiration for Dior couture was 'the garden of earthly delights' – sensuality, innocence and paintings from the Renaissance period,” said Guido. “The look for the hair was inspired by a Botticelli painting. Starting with freshly washed hair, I applied a spritz of Redken’s fashion waves 07 sea salt spray and then used a mixture of sizes of curling irons to create a natural, but random texture in the hair. It was a child-like, soft wave.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with clean hair by washing with Redken Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Use fingers to create a natural part.
3. Mist Redken fashion waves 07 sea salt spray all over for added texture, scrunch into hair and allow to air dry.
4. Bend small sections of hair around various sized curling irons (1/2 inch to 1-1/2 inch barrels) to add body and movement.
5. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair to enhance the natural texture.