CLIENT REQUEST: "Go Lighter Without Any Maintenance"
Tyler Summers (@makeupfreaktyler) a stylist at Jax and King in La Jolla, San Diego, had a client come in with level 3 Asian hair. “She wanted to be lighter without any maintenance,” said Summers, so he decided a beautiful sombre would suit her perfectly.
Here, Summers describes the steps he took to create the look:
1. I used Flash Lift by Redken with 40 vol, because I needed to get 6-7 levels of lift.
2. I had her process for 17 minutes, then washed.
3. I did a root tap with 8N from shades EQ.
4. Next, I glazed the rest of her hair with half 8N and half 9N, 20 vol.
5. Last, I had her sit for 10 minutes and washed.