How-To: Paula Abdul's Wavy Blowout
Matrix Artistic Educator Victor Mendoza styled Paula Abdul’s hair for the T.J. Martell Foundation's Spirit Of Excellence Awards on Tuesday night in Beverly Hills. Abdul requested that her hair look very natural with a mild wave. Here Mendoza shares his steps to creating full bodied hair with a bit of bend.
1. Prep the hair with Style Link Smooth Setter, which delivers a satin finish but does not weight down hair.
2. Next, use a round brush to blow dry hair.
3. Then, using a curling iron (1 ¼ inches), split the hair into horizontal sections.
4. Spray each section with Style Link Heat Buffer, which is an additional way to protect hair from heat, and wrap each section around the curling iron.
TIP: Leave the ends out in order to create a more natural result.
5. When done curling each section, finish off the look with Style Link Volume Fixer to lock in the full volume and body of the hair.
6. After letting the hair completely cool down, brush through the curls using a smoothing brush.