NYFW: Giannandrea Creates 'The Back Knot' for Macadamia Professional at Nicholas K.
Macadamia Professional International Creative Director and celebrity stylist Giannandrea made the “The Back Knot” a Fashion Week must-have at the Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016 show on September 10, 2015. A modern twist on the Asian classic top knot, here’s how he did it:
- Slightly damp hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from the roots to the ends.
- Section hair from top of head to ears, combing down from the part. Take back, large sections and blow dry using a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
- For heat protection and added shine, apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray onto dried hair. Run a flatiron through all sections to straighten hair.
- Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using the paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail. Secure the ponytail in place with an elastic and reinfoce with pins.
- Then, secure the weft of extensions onto the elastic.
- Take a small section of the weft to hold aside.
- With remaining hair in the pony, create a loose loop and secure with another elastic.
- Wrap the small section of loose hair around the elastic, securing it with a pin and spray the Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray for lasting placement.