Effortless Texture at NYFW S/S '16
Tracy Reese | Hair by Bok-Hee for Shea Moisture
Inspiration: “Sheer transparency enhanced by ‘moments of shine’ set the tone for the Tracy Reese collection this season,” says Lead Hairstylist Bok-Hee. “While distinctive details such as color and embellishment came into play, the vision was to keep the woman looking natural and truly authentic. The beauty look completely reflects this – the skin is glowing and dewy while the nails are kept simple in design. With this in mind, I went about creating a no-fuss hair look signified by natural textures and an effortless chignon that perfectly complemented the overall finished look.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by working in SheaMoisture Professional Curl Leave-In Conditioner to fight frizz and nourish hair prior to styling. Spritz a liberal amount of SheaMoisture Professional Smooth Finish Thermal Protection to further smooth and shield hair.
2. Choose small portions of hair around the crown of your head and leave them out. The rest of the hair will be gathered before pulling into a low chignon.
3. Massage SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Styling Mousse between hands and use to pull remaining hair into a low ponytail at the crown. Add SheaMoisture Professional Vibrant Color Shine Glaze to provide the ultimate clear shine boost before beginning your chignon.
4. Gently twist your hair from the nape of your neck to the ends, and then begin to coil it in a counter-clockwise circle. Continue to twist your hair into a bun shape using your index finger to hold it in place.
5. Secure sides of the bun with bobby pins. Gently pull and loosen the edges of the bun to get your desired shape, then secure with more bobby pins.
6. With the remaining wispy pieces of hair, apply SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Texture Spray and create structure with a teasing brush.
7. Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.
For more information on SheaMoisture products, visit sheamoisture.com.