How-To: Red Ombriage
Jillian LeDonne (@jillianledonne), colorist at Eva Scrivo in New York, created high contrast look by taking a level 2 client and balayaging in vivid red highlights that are most vibrant at the ends. It's a bold style, to be sure, but the seamless blending achieved by LeDonne makes this red ombriage elegant. Here she shares the steps she took to create the look:
1. Balayage the hair using wide panel sections, heavily saturating the ends.
2. Process the hair to a warm level level 8.
3. Rinse the highlights and towel dried 80%.
4. Glaze the hair using Pravana Vivids Red.
5. Wrap the hair in plastic and place under slight heat for 20 minutes.
6. Rinse until water is clear, then shampoo, condition and style.